Monday, October 16, 2023

Half-Way

Mark 7:33 (KJV) And he took him aside from the multitude, and put his fingers into his ears, and he spit, and touched his tongue; I used to think that if a person came to the altar that all must be dealt with there at the altar during the Church service. But Jesus takes this man away from the multitude and the next time people see him he’s hearing and talking just fine. Now I have no understanding why Jesus did it this way but what he did was right for this man. First, there’s no set pattern of how things should be done. You can’t treat all people the same because we are not all the same. We don’t look the same, act the same, talk the same, why we don’t even walk the same. There was a good friend I had in high school named Neal Blalock. After high school he went to work for Atlanta Transit which became Marta. I went to help Uncle Sam. It seems he had got himself in a real bad fix way down there in Vietnam. Anyway, one night I had to go to the Drug Store. I saw this man in front of me and I said to myself that Neal Blalock because no one walks like that except Neal. Yes I was right!  Therefore there’s not a one size fits all. The Lord knows how and what’s best for each one of us. One man has a sick servant, Jesus tells the ruler who came for help on behalf of his servant “I will come and heal him.” The ruler said there’s no need “but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.” You’ll find that in Matthew 8:5-8. Jesus takes the man away from the crowd and this is what He does. 

Mark 7:33 (KJV) And he took him aside from the multitude, and put his fingers into his ears, and he spit, and touched his tongue;

Mark 7:34 (KJV) And looking up to heaven, he sighed, and saith unto him, Ephphatha, that is, Be opened.

Mark 7:35 (KJV) And straightway his ears were opened, and the string of his tongue was loosed, and he spake plain.

Jesus put His fingers into his ears then Jesus spits and touches his tongue. You might say the fingers ok BUT to take Jesus’s spit on my tongue πŸ‘… I think πŸ€” I’ll pass. So what you are saying is you are happy with being half way? Then you are not at the place you need to be. That’s why some people half way attend Church services, halfway read and study their Bibles, halfway know what the Bible says. But you know what?  This same people would say bad things about a dentist if they were to say “Mrs Johnson you have a bad problem with some of your back molders. If you will come back this coming Monday I’ll be more than glad to halfway fix that for you.” No one would be complete halfway in Heaven and the other half in hell! There’s no halfway. It's all the way or no way. They brought this man to  Jesus not to be halfway healed. Now listen to this,  Jesus says to this man  Mark 7:36 (KJV) And he charged them that they should tell no man: but the more he charged them, so much the more a great deal they published it; there’s just somethings you can’t be quit about and this is one of them. Anyone who has ever met Jesus and experienced His forgiveness is more than glad to tell you all about it and sometimes without you even asking. You’ll never hear anyone say “on August 31 Jesus halfway saved me.” No! Everyone that Jesus has ever touched knows it; do you? I don’t understand why Jesus would say “tell no man:” when it was very obvious. But the reason for Him saying was not meant for me to understand.  

No comments:

Post a Comment