Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Soon Forgetful

Mark 8:1 (KJV) In those days the multitude being very great, and having nothing to eat, Jesus called his disciples unto him, and saith unto them,

Here we read about a Great Multitude and the problem is they don't have anything to eat, ¡nothing, nada!  Verse 2 tells us that Jesus had compassion 

Mark 8:2 (KJV) I have compassion on the multitude, because they have now been with me three days, and have nothing to eat:

As I read this and about the problem, hungry people, I thought this should be no problem since there's  less people and more bread. I mean back in Chapter 6 there were 5000 plus 5 loaves 2 fish and all were fed with leftovers. What’s the problem? There’s 7 loaves  and a few small fish and only 4000 the Lord has got this should have been the attitude.  Mark 8:4 (KJV) And his disciples answered him, From whence can a man satisfy these men with bread here in the wilderness?

Oh my how soon we forget! A golden picture of our own lives. How soon we forget what The Lord did for us yesterday. You might say oh no not me! Last week I was having some pains that just would not stop. I remember asking the Lord very humble to stop the pains. I noticed later that the pains had stopped. As I read this about the disciples I can’t condemn them for soon forgetting, not remembering what the Lord had done in the past. For I myself have had awful pains in my left ankle and right hip and as of yet I haven’t asked the Lord for help. As I read this I’m convinced I’m just like these disciples, soon forgetful of what the Lord has already done. The Lord fed 5000 plus surely He can feed 4000. Well He did Mark 8:8 (KJV) So they did eat, and were filled: and they took up of the broken meat that was left seven baskets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment