Friday, October 6, 2023

Hid? Impossible!

 Mark 7:24 (KJV) And from thence he arose, and went into the borders of Tyre and Sidon, and entered into an house, and would have no man know it: but he could not be hid.

Can we hid Jesus? Here we read of Jesus going into a house and didn’t want anybody to know He was there. The crowds, the multitudes and Jesus being in human flesh got tired I’m sure. Maybe He wanted some rest I’m not sure but it’s for sure we have another word picture. Magnify these words “but he could not be hid.” I remember a few years back that a man came to me and told me that he was sure that God had called him to preach. He then told me that he didn’t want anybody to know. I looked at him and said “you can’t keep that silent because preaching is proclaiming the good news, the Gospel, The Death, Burial and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. If God has called you, you will not be able to keep it hid.” Could the woman at the well in John Chapter 4 keep hid what Jesus did for her? No! John 4:29 (KJV) Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ? In John Chapter 9 there’s a blind man healed by Jesus but he couldn’t keep it hid. John 9:11 (KJV) He answered and said, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed mine eyes, and said unto me, Go to the pool of Siloam, and wash: and I went and washed, and I received sight. There’s many that couldn’t keep it quiet. That day in April of 1973 I couldn’t keep it quiet about what Jesus did for me and for the last 50 years I have still been telling the story. If you know me, read any of my writing then you have heard or read what happened on that day in April that has never gotten old. I love to tell the story of what Jesus did for me. You may be like I was 50 years ago. As best I can remember I had no Bible at my home, I knew no Bible verses. If you would have given me a Bible and asked me to turn to John 3:16 I could not have done it. I knew nothing about Church nor the people who go to Church. All I knew was what other people had told me and they didn’t know either. But I didn’t know they didn’t know. I didn’t go to Church to get help, meet nice loving people who I thought were a little bit off anyways. Oh no, I was using the Church for my benefit. So knowing nothing about Church, The Bible, The people of God, Jesus, Prayer or anything else here I sat 3 rows from the front on the right side. That morning I walked to the front not trying to trick or fool anyone. Yeah the Preacher preached on sin, not money as most people will tell you, but sin. On that Sunday morning @12:05  I knew I was a sinner and needed a savior. I walked to the front and the preacher asked me if I knew I was a sinner? To which I said yes. On that day so long ago but still today fresh in my mind I repented of my sin and asked Jesus to save me. Know what? He did and I left that Church building and Jesus was not hid. I still didn’t know anything about The Bible or Church but I couldn’t keep my mouth shut about what Jesus had done for me. They told me it would wear off and I would go back to being like I was. But 50 years plus I haven't and I still have that hunger within my heart to know more about Jesus and tell others this simple message: What He’s done for me He will do for you! So no “he could not be hid.”

No comments:

Post a Comment