Friday, September 13, 2024

Good Habits Help ๐Ÿง‘‍๐Ÿง‘‍๐Ÿง’‍๐Ÿง’

Hebrews 11:20 (KJV) By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come. 

There is a principle in our recovery program that reads “Our sinful habits do hurt those who follow us.” Oh how true that is. But on the other hand if our bad habits hurt others then our good habits help others. So here is my thinking, I want to have more good habits than bad habits. Don’t you? The carnage of bad habits have left so many with major problems in their lives. The young girl or young boy that were abused by their father will have a much harder time believing that God their Heavenly Father loves them. Much more than the young boy or girl that has been loved by their biological father. Why? Because what we do does affect others. Abraham, Isaac’s dad had an effect on him because we read these words “By faith Isaac” did we not read the same word written about Abraham? I think we did, more than once. My wife was raised in a good Christian home by good Christian parents and good Christian grandparents; which just happen to live next door. O how convenient for grandchildren and grandparents. Before we got married I would call where they lived “Boothsville” because there were 4 houses on that piece of property and they were all; you guessed it “Booth’s.” Oh what a good dad my wife had, so kind and so loving. Now my wife and I didn’t get together at Church. Oh no far from it. We got married in a fever as Johnny Cash sang. I was home on leave with the last words I heard before I came home were” they are sending me to Vietnam” as Forrest would say “that’s a whole nother country.”  So I met my wife on 31 January 1969 and we got married on 7 January 1970. In July 1970 I was gone. Chances of our marriage working out were slim to none; but it did and today she is still the love of my life. I said all that to say this, that because of the way my wife was raised, by what she saw in her mom and dad; she placed her faith in the Lord. By faith Isaac did what? “blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.” How did Isaac know of things to come? By his dad Abraham and his faith in God that he could not see. By faith Abraham went out not knowing. That’s what faith is, not seeing the end results, yet knowing!   


No comments:

Post a Comment