Monday, September 2, 2024

I Can’t See ๐Ÿ˜ต

Hebrews 11:13 (KJV) These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth

These all died; who are “These” I would say Abel, Noah, Abraham, Sara. Their dying should be no surprise to us. But we are told more “These all died in faith” Ok, so what is so important about that? Great question. It’s what we read next that seals the deal “not having received the promises” So these that died in faith.  What was their faith all about? Remember Hebrews 11:1 (KJV) Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Romans 8:25 (KJV) But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it. There is a lot in my Christian life I can’t see. I have never seen Jesus Christ, I have never heard an audible voice of God speaking to me. How do I know He lives? I see His hand of mercy, I see His loving care, I hear Him speak to me from the pages of my Bible as I read His Word. When troublesome times come I know He’s near for I know He lives within my heart.

1 John 5:13 (KJV) These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God

I’m like Job! Job 19:25 (KJV) For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: Ask many if they are going to heaven when they die and you might hear “I hope so.” Others might say yes, but when you ask them how they know, they can’t say how they know they just know. That’s not what the Bible saysthat ye may know that ye have eternal lifeMy granddaughter is in the third grade, one day I said to her that I was great in math. I said let me show you 2+2=5 and she said no Paw Paw it =4 I said no baby 2+2 is 5 and 4+4 is 9  5+5 is 11 don’t you know? She said no and gave me the right answers because she knew. I know that was a simple illustration but when you know there is no guess. These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar offSo have I. What did not seeing do for them in their livesand were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.They werepersuadednot only that theyembraced themand because of those two things they confessedYou see that’s what faith in Jesus Christ will do. What are you looking forward to? These all died and so will you and I, then what? Do you really know? Can you really know? Yes you can.that ye may know that ye have eternal lifedo you KNOW?



No comments:

Post a Comment