Friday, September 27, 2024

๐Ÿ’กI’ll Remember and Keep It

 We have written about Moses Choosing, we have also written about Moses Refusing, also Moses Esteeming. I now want to look at Moses Keeping.   

Hebrews 11:28 (KJV) Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them. There is something about keeping. To keep is not losing or part with; to keep anything in the memory, mind or heart. Well Moses did that by keeping the Passover? Passover? What’s that?  In Exodus Chapter 12 beginning at verse 1 reading down we come to verse 11 Exodus 12:11 (KJV) And thus shall ye eat it; with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and ye shall eat it in haste: it is the LORD'S passover. Then in verse 14 we read this Exodus 12:14 (KJV) And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the LORD throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever.

Memorial is something that is contained in our memory.  Moses kept because he remembered. There is one thing in my life that I remember clearly. It was the day the Lord saved me. I haven’t forgotten what I was before that day. I have told 1000’s of that day and what the Lord did for me He’ll do for you. It is no secret what God can do, What he has done for others He'll do for you. With arms wide open, He'll pardon you. It is no secret what God can do. Mose kept the passover; he was not about to let this night of great importance slip the minds of what God did on a night of great despair. Over and over and even today that night is still remembered “ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever.” I talk much about what God did the morning He saved me. I talk very little of what I was saved from, that only brings back thoughts of what I wished never happened. But oh, I have never forgotten the Grace of God. The day He took time out of His busy schedule to save and place a sinner like me into His family. Oh what a memory. My Pastor told of a story of an elderly man who had Alzheimer’s. His family had placed him in a home. Back in those days they didn’t know much about that disease. The family just thought he had lost his mind; he didn't know any of his family, he didn’t even know who he was. While in that home he kept telling everyone he came in contact with about Jesus and his home in heaven. One day a man told one of his sons I’m so sorry your dad doesn’t know you nor even his own name or even where he’s at.” The son quietly replied my dad may not remember me or any of his family. He doesn’t remember his wife, my mom and he doesn’t remember his name nor where he is. But he does remember that Jesus saved him and does know where he is going. What more does he need to know? This life will soon be gone; only what’s done for Christ will last. 



No comments:

Post a Comment