Monday, September 23, 2024

๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผ‍♂️How Did He Know?

Hebrews 11:24 (KJV) By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;

Moses had it made as far as his world was concerned. He was headed to fame and great recognition. Acts 7:22 (KJV) And Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and was mighty in words and in deeds. I read one time that if we took all the money in this world and divided it up equally. So we were all the same financially that it wouldn’t be long before those who had been wealthy or had great wealth would be wealthy again. Well looking at this man Moses one would think he was crazy to throw away fame and fortune. Was he? The Kings of the past, how many of them do you know by name? But Moses; well even of those who know nothing or little about the Bible have more than likely heard of the name Moses. But wait how in the world did Moses know anything about Faith in God? Don’t forget who they brought in to make sure baby Moses got his nourishment; his mother. What do we know about his mother? Not much, she is only mentioned twice by name; It seems fairly clear that the only way Moses could have had great faith was by what his mother taught him. Hebrews 11:23 (KJV) By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment. God places mom in the King's house to feed her son two ways: milk, earthly food and the milk of God’s Word heavenly food. Day after day when no one was paying attention she trained her son in the ways of God and by doing so Moses became a great man of faith. How do you think that when Moses came to years he refused to  be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter? His mother of course, that woman of great faith that gave her son up so she could have him. That’s faith and I know it doesn’t make good sense humanly speaking but that’s faith putting trust in God for the unknown. I wish that was as easy to do as it was to write about it. I remember it well. I was listening and waiting to see what and where God would use me. It seemed as if the heavens were silent. I had been thinking about going to another country to do mission work. I just didn’t know what God wanted me to do. I was not happy, riding the pine as others seemed to be.  I wanted in the game. God put me in the game. But I never mentioned to my wife what I was thinking. One night as we drove home from her mom and dads I’ll never forget it. She reached over and placed her hand on my hand and said these words “whatever God calls you to do, I’ll go with you.” You know what that meant to me? Everything! Now she has done what she said. The road has not always been easy nor has it been comfortable but she never said let’s quit. Moses' mom built great faith in her son as her son watched his mom. So therefore Moses knew and therefore he refused. Thank you; wait a minute I don’t think I know your name. Yes you do, her name was Jochebed. As Paul Harvey would say “now you know the rest of the story.” Her name is not in lights but her life is.


No comments:

Post a Comment