Wednesday, September 25, 2024

You Are Seeing What? ๐Ÿ“ฝ️

 Hebrews 11:25 (KJV) Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;

Choosing, webster says it is “Selecting; taking in preference.” Most don’t choose to suffer affliction. I’m sure you have never heard of “Kenneth L. Worley from Farmington, New Mexico” on  August 12, 1968 “He was awarded the Medal of Honor for his unselfish act.” What was this unselfish act?  He threw himself on an incoming enemy grenade to save the lives of his fellow marines. That’s a choice of no return.  Moses made a choice of no return also when he chose rather to suffer affliction than to enjoy all the pleasures of the palace. Many stand in long lines to buy lotto tickets so they might enjoy the pleasures this world has to offer. But Moses looked ahead by faith and chose to suffer. Who would do that? I did but I didn’t know I did. In 1968 I was talked into joining the U.S. Air Force. I took my best friend to see a recruiter so he could join the 

U S Air Force. I had no plans of doing any such thing. But before we left we were both on our path of no return. The picture the recruiter presented to me turned out to be nothing like what he said or promised. When I held my right hand up and said I do, I was done for but I didn’t know it. Bad Choice at the time. Now, many years later I am grateful for my time of service for our country in more ways than one. It taught me discipline, respect and to be accountable and much more, what I learned has helped me all my life. Read the life of Moses and you might say you gave up the joys and pleasures of the palace for this! What were you thinking? Hebrews 11:26 (KJV) Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward. Esteem “to set a value on” Moses chose or set a value on the reproach of Christ and that reproach had a greater wealth than the treasures that Egypt had to offer. By faith Moses forsook Egypt not knowing what was ahead of him. By faith Moses did not fear the king's wrath. By faith Moses endured as he saw someone invisible. I too see the invisible one and I hear a small still voice that leads me. You might be thinking I need to see a doctor. Oh no I see the same one Moses saw.  

 Hebrews 11:27 (KJV) By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible. What are you seeing?


No comments:

Post a Comment