Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wasteful

This week we have been having a Spring Revival at our Church (Victory Baptist) and it has been great. On Monday night Dr. R.B Ouellette preached a great message out of Hebrews 2:3-
How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation;
a wonderful message on wasteful living. But he gave an illustration that I could identify with. He told of the time when he was young how he went to a county fair. He told of how he liked to ride all the rides and how much he enjoyed the food at the fair. But then he said he saw some games. Then he began to tell how easy they all looked. So he began to play them and he almost won the big prize but never did. Then he said when he left the fairgrounds he had not rode the first ride nor eaten any of the fair food because he wasted his money. That was funny to me because I had done the same thing when I was younger. 1971 the county fair in Altus Oklahoma I almost won the TV set and when I was out of the money you could see in my wallet this wonderful man asked me to get my mad money. Here was a smart man, I thought, he cares so much for me and sees how close I am to winning that he is wanting to help me. So I dug in and pulled it out and you know what I got even closer to winning that TV. Now out of money and no prize this kind man asked me if I had any more money at home and if I did he would do what he normally doesn't, he would hold my position, for he really wanted me to win that TV. Man I was caught up in this; and yes I did have more money at home. So I told him I would be right back. That is when my wonderful wife said to me "are you crazy, don't you see what he is doing." So we left the fairgrounds without riding the first ride or eating any cotton candy or apple. Sad to say I had wasted my money. So on Monday night the Lord brought all that back to my mind and I asked myself this question "have I lived a wasted life for the one who loved me and gave Himself for me." Luke 15:13
And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living. Luke 16:1
And he said also unto his disciples, There was a certain rich man, which had a steward; and the same was accused unto him that he had wasted his goods.
Are we guilty of wasteful living? Am I guilty of Wasteful Living! Have I wasted the Talents that God has given me? Have I wasted the Treasures that God has allowed me to partake in? Have I wasted the Time God has given me? Powerful Questions, the answer is found in the Scriptures Matthew 7:16
Ye shall know them by their fruits.

No comments:

Post a Comment