Friday, May 29, 2009

Flying Low

On Wednesday the Lord had a sales meeting with me. The reason I say sales meeting is that years ago while working for a company they would always have sales meetings. Now in these meetings they would never tell me anything I didn't already know but when I left there I was ready to go. Don't know why but I was. So on Wednesday for some reason I was really frustrated, don't know why I just was. So I thought I would call my wife and have her pray for me. I have in the past and it really helped me; but I didn't. Then I thought I would send my Pastor a text message and get him to pray for me; but I didn't do that either. I just didn't feel like that was what the Lord wanted me to do so I just waited on Him. Boy did He teach me. My daughter and I work together about 4 or 5 days a month. Well we were working together. She had left me to finish up at this Church and she went and did another account down the street; we do that all the time. I always get finished before she returns. I was sitting there with the doors open so I could see when she returned. That's when a bird flew in the sanctuary. I thought well it will fly out the same way it came in. But as the bird flew through the doors it went up into the high ceiling and never dropped low again. As the bird flew panicky around and around, back and forth I saw it would never get out without help. My daughter soon came and saw what had happened. We both began to work at trying to get that bird out. We would not let it light and it soon wore itself out and we were able to catch it and set it free. What the Lord taught me in all this was priceless. Many times we keep getting higher and higher, we think we are somebody. We are tops in our field (nothing wrong with that) and then we start thinking we can't lower ourselves to help; well you know that ONE! Afraid they will do better than we do and we just can't have that, can we? In order to be free we may have to get low. Like that bird all he had to do was get low and there were three doors open for him to fly out, but he kept flying higher and higher. After the Lord taught me that I was fine. No, I wasn't flying higher and higher in the way I just explained, but I was trying to solve problems without the Lords help and because of that I had frustrated myself. A self induced problem I didn't need. So what is a verse that will help in a case like this?

Mat 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; (humbled) and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Jam 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Jam 4:10
Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

1Pe 5:5
Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

1Pe 5:6
Humble y
ourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
I just need to wait on the Lord. I already knew that, it wasn't something new, just something the Lord needed to remind me of by teaching me again. I know that many of you don't have those kinds of problems. I just wanted to let you know I do and if you have no one to pray for today I could use your prayers. Tonight I will stand in front of a group of men and women who have a few problems they can't seem to get rid of. I know the answer that will fix the problem or problems it is in one word "JESUS." Have a great week end and I'll see you Monday and for goodness sake go to Church Sunday your pastor would love to see you and so would everyone else.

1 comment: