Tuesday, January 19, 2010

In Him

On yesterday we talked about God being our dwelling place. I left you with Acts 17:28
For in him we live, and move, and have our being;
I would like to look at it a little more today. The phrase "in Him" we live, move and have our being is very interesting to me for this is not the first time God has made a promise like this.

When God led the children of Israel through the wilderness, He didn't just appear once a day and then abandon them. No! He was seen in the presence of the cloud by day and in the night in the fire; God never left His children. He never leaves us now Matthew 28:20
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Heb 13:5
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
There may be days we go without thinking of Him, but there is never a moment when He is not thinking of you and I. So how do you and I learn to let Him have full control?

  1. We learn to get hold of our Thought life-
    2Corinthians 10:5
    Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

  2. We learn to Praise Him on a Continually Basis- Heb 13:15
    By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
  3. We let heaven fill our Thoughts- Colossians 4:2
    Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;

    4- We learn to be Constant in Prayer- 1Thessalonians 5:17
    Pray without ceasing.

    Romans 12:12
    Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

    Ephesians 6:18
    Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

    David, the man after God's own heart, said Psalms 27:4
    One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.

    Psalms 27:5
    For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

    So what was David saying? Was he saying that he wanted to hang around the temple all the time day and night? NO! Acts 17:24
    God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
    here it is

    John 17:23
    I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

    Colossians 1:27
    To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
    I love it!

Psalms 23:6
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
We do have a dwelling place not made with hands 2Co 5:1
For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
I am so glad we can know this now; so as the week goes on don't forget (For in him we live, and move, and have our being ;) What do you do when troubles come? Run! I will explain that in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment