Friday, January 8, 2010

Unfailing Hope

Ever had hope in a person or something and then realize that, that person deceived you or that something let you down. We have all been there I'm sure; maybe you've lost your health, the love of your life, your job, your retirement, an anchor person in your life, the thing you've invested so much in, the thing or the person that's been the glue that had been holding your life together. Maybe you have been told by your marriage partner, "I don't love you anymore." And you are crushed. We all need something that can't be touched by death, divorce, desertion, disease, disaster. Hope is snatched away and we need something that can't be touched by death or disease, or divorce, or disaster; something that will never desert us. Someone who will never desert you; what we need is something to put our hope in that's not going to be hopeless. Let's see if this is what you are looking for.


Psalms 62:1
Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation.

Psalms 62:2
He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.

Psalms 62:5
My
soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.

Psalms 62:6
He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.

Psalms 62:7
In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.

Psalms 62:8
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

Sounds to me like this is hope we can depend on, here we see God is salvation, He also is a defense and rock of strength, a place of refuge. We are told to put our trust in Him and pour out our hearts before Him. There are very few people that we should pour out our heart before but God is one we can. We choose our way instead of His way and it has built an eternal wall between us and God. A wall that God Himself tore down, when He sent His only Son Jesus Christ, to pay for all our sins when He died on the cross. That is how much He loves you. As we start this New Year if you and I keep doing what we have been doing we can plan on getting the same results. Let's get out of the comfort zone this year, let's you and I depend on the Lord more and less on our self. I think you will be happy with the results; but you will have to get out of that comfort zone and when you do you will find a freedom you have never experienced and the good thing about it is that now God is the rock of your strength.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment