Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Blind

Years ago I knew a lady that was blind; she couldn't see a thing. But what was amazing to me is she could do so many things with her hands. Her hands told her mind what she was reading or touching, her ears alerted her quickly to her surroundings for danger as well as peacefulness. I enjoyed talking with her, one day my curiosity got the best of me and I asked her if she could tell a five dollar bill from a one dollar bill. She told me that she couldn't but had to put trust in the people she was dealing with. I then asked her if anyone had ever been dishonest with her and cheated her out of any money. I was surprised that there had been people that would cheat a blind lady as nice as she was. Here was a lady who the entire world around her was hidden because she had no eye sight. As I was thinking about this nice lady who was blind, I got to thinking about the gospel and what if it was hidden? This is what the bible has to say

2Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

2Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
What I find interesting
about that is we see blinded minds and because the mind is blinded it causes unbelief. As I said earlier that people would rob from that nice blind lady; they could see and knew the difference from a five dollar bill and a twenty or ten…but knowingly took advantage of her because she was blind. Is that not what we do sometimes ourselves when we don't share what we know about Jesus Christ? We hid the death, burial and resurrection of our Lord and Savior. Now we don't have to have a four foot bible under our arm everywhere we go or be singing some hymn. We do have opportunities to expose our Lord to those around us in our conversations, our walk before those we are around. We can be honest in our business transactions we can also treat those we are around with respect we can smile and not be judgmental. There are many things we can do for others to see Christ in us the hope of Glory. If we hid them we help the devil blind the mind and how then can they believe? The false god of this world is blinding people from the truth by feeding those lies and deceptions. He is constantly offering counterfeit philosophical and religious messages to keep men and women from putting trust in the truth and if we keep it hid we are helping the enemy. I don't want to help the enemy at all; do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment