Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Punching Holes

When I was young boy the street I lived on was dark at night; what I mean by that is that there were no street lights. One day there came some men and a truck and they began to climb up the poles on our street and attached lights to them. It was a funny thing to see when you are young, it starts to get dark and those lights start coming on one by one without anyone turning on a switch. Now my mother used those lights to her advantage, she quickly made a rule "be home before the streetlights come on". I hated that rule because they never forgot to come on, every night the same thing happened! It starts to get dark and those lights would come on. Now there was many a night that I would be racing down the street as the lights were punching holes in the darkness; that's cutting it close. I read in Matthew chapter five these words;


Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Matthew 5:15
Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Is that not what we are being told here? We are the light of the world, the street light shining out before men and women punching holes in the darkness of this world so that the darkness will not blind others. I didn't like those streetlights to come on and ruin what I thought was fun but I knew I better be home before they came on for if I wasn't I would have to stand at the judgment bar of my dear old mother. I assure you I didn't want to have to do that. So it is with those we come in contact with as we begin to punch holes in the darkness. They at first may not want the light, thinking it will ruin their fun, but if the light of the glorious Gospel never penetrates or punches through the darkness there will come a time when those in darkness will have to stand before a righteous and holy God.

Revelation 20:15
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
So today punch holes in the darkness so the enemy doesn't keep people in darkness.

2Corinthains 4:4
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
As the song goes "hid it under a bushel, no! I'm going to let it shine." Oh, I see you have walked into the room and it did light up; good job, now that's punching holes in the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment