Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mistaken

My eyes popped open and I took a quick look at the clock. Oh no, it can't be 5:30 I have set an appointment to meet another man to look over this job and we were to be there at 6:30. I can't make it; I run to the phone hoping to stop the other gentleman before he gets there. All I get is his answering machine so disappointed at myself for making such a mistake. I never over sleep I'm up before any alarm clock sounds that's because I don't need one. But this morning I did; what am I going to do now? As I sat there thinking it finally came to me it's not Monday its Sunday, boy was I relieved. Have you ever had an experience when you didn't know what day it was? There is a possibility for God to come your way and you totally miss what day it is; the day that God comes to touch your life. That is a mistake God really doesn't want you to make because He really loves you. There comes a day when Jesus comes by offering Himself to you to be your personal Savior and save you from your sin. He gives you a chance to put your trust in Him to have every sin forgiven; to trade hell which we deserve for heaven which we could never deserve.

Isaiah 55:6
Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Isaiah 55:7
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Many have the idea that they will come to Jesus when they get ready. There are a lot of things wrong with that idea. What if you are in an accident and you have no time to ask the Lord to forgive you? What if you have a heart attack and just drop dead? Possibly a lot of other health problems that take your life without a warning? That is why it's not good to wait to the last minute. There was a young lady in the hospital that was very sick. Her nurse took the time to talk with her about the Lord but the young lady wanted no part of it. She said I am young and when I get out of the hospital I have a lot of things I want to do and when I am old I will give me life to the Lord then. On that same afternoon a dozen red roses came for that young lady. The nurse picked them up and was going to take them to her when she had this thought, I will wait and give them to her at a later date. After a while the roses started to turn a little brown and became very limp. The nurse then took them to the young lady, as the nurse entered the room she said someone sent you some roses. The young lady took one look at them and said who in their right mind would send roses that looked like that for they are wilted and turning brown. The nurse then said what's wrong with that? To which the young lady said I would like to have roses that are fresh and beautiful not dying. The nurse then turned and said so does our Lord, He wants people young that can give Him their life.

Ecclesiastes 12:1
Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;


It's not God's will that young or old perish

2Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Don't wait to the last minute for you will be sorry and every day our life is ticking way; do you have Jesus? For when this life is over that will be the only thing that matters. With Jesus heaven, without Jesus; you don't want to go there I assure you

2Corinthains 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

If you don't know Him today it is as good of a day as I know; if you do know Him thank Him for His love toward you.

No comments:

Post a Comment