Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy

Have you ever had the thought "What if I would have taken that job back in ………. I know I would be happy. What if I had married …….. My life would now be happy I'm sure". Sounds to me you're not happy and you want others to make you happy. Sure we can all look back and see paths we should have taken and chose not to. I had those opportunities also, but as my Dad always told me "son you can't cry over spilled milk." As for me I'm happy with all that is going on in my life and I enjoy every day. People tell me all the time "Have a good day" and my reply is "If it goes wrong it's not my fault". The Lord has been good to me good life, good wife, good home, good Church, good Pastor, good friends and on and on I could go. Life is what you make it sometimes and opportunities come our way all the time some we miss and some we don't, but never say my life would be better if. It was a dark day the day two thieves finally got caught up with. Put in jail, went before the court of their day and sentenced to death; no lawyer could help them and then the day came, their last day on earth. There was no opportunity for a last meal as they were marched out of their jail cell to the place of their execution. There were no family members pleading for their release and not a friend in sight not one, they were all alone with death starring them both in the face. As they both came out to be on their way another man was joined with them and now all three were on their way to a hill where they would be placed on crosses.

Luke 23:32
And there were also two other, malefactors, led with him to be put to death.
On that hill those two thieves would be given one last opportunity.

Luke 23:39
And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
Being concerned about self he missed the last opportunity he would have.

Luke 23:40
But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

Luke 23:41
And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

Luke 23:42
And
he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

Luke 23:43
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
On that day one of those thieves made the right choice and because he did when he drew his last breath here he took his next in paradise. I don't think you will ever hear that man say "I wonder if things would be better if I would have…" So my friend if you are wondering what life would have been like if, the answer is you didn't and you will never know, so be happy and learn to do as the Apostle Paul did long ago

cts 26:2
I think myself happy,
So what are you thinking? I hope you are thinking HAPPY!

Psalms 144:15
Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD.

Psalms 146:5
Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God:

No comments:

Post a Comment