Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Pass Me Not

Fanny Crosby agreed with the publishers Bigelow and Main to write three hymns a week for use in their Sunday school publications. Sometimes Fanny wrote six or seven hymns a day. She was usually paid only one or two dollars for each poem. Fanny aimed her hymns of the Gospel to people who would not listen to preaching. As she wrote her hymns she prayed that God would use them to lead many souls to Him. The hymn “Pass Me Not, O Gentle Savior” was written in 1868 and became one of the most popular hymns used during the Moody, Sankey services in London. She based her hymn on a prayer that she heard someone pray at a service. Fanny wrote over 8000 hymns in her life time but this one speaks volumes
Pass me not, O gentle Savior,
Hear my humble cry;
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by.
Let me at Thy throne of mercy
Find a sweet relief;
Kneeling there in deep contrition,
Help my unbelief.
Trusting only in Thy merit,
Would I seek Thy face;
Heal my wounded, broken spirit,
Save me by Thy grace.
Thou the spring of all my comfort,
More than life to me;
Whom have I on earth beside Thee?
Whom in heaven but Thee?
Refrain:
Savior, Savior, hear my humble cry,
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by.
Does this song speak of those who may feel that their Condition would cause the Savior to pass them by? Maybe because of the Company they keep? Depraved, Distressful and Doomed one may feel but I can assure you the Savior will not pass you by and the reason I say that is because of 
Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.  Jesus came looking for such people as those He didn’t come to seek and pass them by. Have you ever been somewhere and saw someone you really didn’t want to talk with at that time so you hide yourself away? Well Jesus didn’t come to hide from people but to find them in the condition that they are in so He could save them. Aren’t you glad He found you because we for sure weren’t looking for Him?

P.S.   
I’m putting my computer in the shop this morning it has been giving me some problems and I think I better get it fixed before it stops completely. That being the case I may not have it back to write my email and blog so let me apologize ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment