Thursday, February 17, 2011

Easy

It was 1971 and I was stationed at Altus Air Base. My wife and I had gone to  the county fair in Altus, Oklahoma. We had not been there long when I started playing one of those games that looked so easy to win. I almost won the TV set but I was out of money but this wonderful man asked me to get my mad money. Here was a smart man, I thought, he cares so much for me and sees how close I am to winning that he is wanting to help me. So I dug in and pulled that money out;  know what I got even closer to winning that TV. Now out of money again and still no prize this kind man asked me if I had any more money at home and if I did he would do what he normally doesn’t, he would hold my position, for he really wanted me to win that TV. Man, I was caught up in this; and yes, I did have more money at home. So I told him I would be right back. That is when my wonderful wife said to me “are you crazy, don’t you see what he is doing.” So we left the fairgrounds without riding the first ride or eating any cotton candy or apple. Sad to say I had wasted my money.  There is one thing I don’t want to do and that is live a wasted life for the one who loved me and gave Himself for me. We read of a young man who wasted his Substance and then we read of a rich man who wasted his goods.
Luke 15:13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wastedhis substance with riotous living.
Luke 16:1 And he said also unto his disciples, There was a certain rich man, which had a steward; and the same was accused unto him that he had wasted his goods Are we guilty of wasteful living? Am I guilty of Wasteful Living! Have I wasted the Talents that God has given me? Have I wasted the Treasures that God has so gracefully given me? Have I wasted the Time God has given me? Powerful Questions, the answer is found in the Scriptures
Matthew 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. How have I used my Treasures (substance), what have I used it for and for what reasons? My Talents have I used them? How well have I used them? And for what reasons have I used them? Then my Time, have I used it for the Lord or mostly myself? How much Time do I spend with the Lord daily? How much Time do I give the Lord so He may speak to me? When it’s all said and done will I have lived a wasteful life or one that will bring honor and glory to the Lord. You see all our work will be made manifest and shall be revealed
1Corinthians 3:13  Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. There is no escaping it, so I must know the answer is my life a wasted life or not? 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your service to our Nation and for your Service to our King.

    http://altusem.blogspot.com

    Hope you will come back for a visit.

    Lloyd, KC5FM
    http://kc5fm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete