Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Empty Chair

Temporary life or eternal life!
Temporary life Jamess 4:14  Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
Eternal life 1John 5:11  And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
John 17:3  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
Did we just read that word “know?” I thought so! There are a lot of people that you and I may know and there are people that know you and I that we can’t remember ever seeing. I passed a young lady the other day and she knew my name and said hi but for the likes of me I cannot place her; that has happened to me more than once. The word “know” is a very interesting word which means To perceive with certainty; to understand clearly; to have a clear and certain perception of truth, fact, or any thing that actually exists. To be informed of; To distinguish; To recognize; To be no stranger to; When we are told that we can know the only true God and Jesus Christ what are we being told? To know means we will be able to have a clear and certain perception of and can be informed as well as be able to distinguish and recognize Gods presence in our lives? I read something that I want you to read that may help us understand a little clearer.
A Godly old man whose days were coming to an end had a visit from a priest. The priest noticed an empty chair beside the man's bed. He asked, "Have you had a visitor?" The man replied, "No, I haven't had a visitor. But when I became a Christian as a youth, someone told me that praying was like talking to your very best friend. When I heard that, I decided to pull up an empty chair beside me every day and invite Christ to sit and talk with me.  I just finished my conversation with the Lord." After the man passed away, his daughter wrote of her visit to the hospital room. She said of her father: "He seemed content, so I left him for a few hours. When I returned, I knew that he had gone to be with the Lord. The interesting thing was that his head was not resting on his pillow. His body had turned and his head was resting on the seat of an empty chair that had been pulled up close to his bed." I guess the man decided to lay his head in the lap of the one he knew. 1Corinthain 13:12  For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

No comments:

Post a Comment