Thursday, November 29, 2012

Championship


The championship game was only a week away, the team was undefeated and the coach was confident. The only problem was school would be out a week before the game; the coach confident of his team practiced hard that day, pushed his team for the win. Then it happened, the coach got too confident and decided not to practice any more for a week. The day of the game he loaded his team on a bus and off they went to win the championship. The coin was tossed as the undefeated team won and decided to kick the ball. It was a side kick and all went well the kicking team recovered the ball; the next play they threw a touchdown pass; 7 to nothing and the crowd roared. When the boys loaded on the bus to go back to their school that evening their heads were low and the final score 7 to 45. What went wrong? Could have been a week without practice, I’m sure that had a big part in the final score. Then there was the over confidence; I mean these teams had won every one of their games and the thinking was we will win this too; but it was not to be. I’m afraid I have done the same thing; oh no, not in football but in everyday living. When I leave off my Bible reading and prayer and go out to meet the day I’m in danger of losing and getting crossed up in temptation and weak points in my life. It happens when I get over confident in my abilities, when it’s not my abilities it His abilities in my life that count. When I’m trusting in myself I’m in real danger it’s not yesterdays Bible reading or the prayers of yesterday for protection that I need. I need today’s time with the Lord; that’s important. This relationship with the Lord should be an everyday time with the Lord and not a drive by look at the scriptures. It’s a trust in the Lord with all my heart and not a trust in myself hoping the Lord blesses.  Like that football coach that didn’t see the need to practice, we too if not careful will fill our Bible time up with other things. Nothing is more important than getting help on how to handle the day from the one who made the day.
Psalms 118:24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Meeting with Him this morning gave me a great start to the day the Lord has made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment