Monday, November 26, 2012

Out of the Grave


It was one of those days; you know a good one, a great day. I am sure you have had those days too and no matter how many years have passed in your mind it was like yesterday. Your memory can recall that moment with fondness. On that day I walked into a Church in East Atlanta. I was keeping a promise and that was all¸ I also had another mission it was to make my father-n-law think hopefully better about me. That day as I entered that Church I was condemned and didn’t know it;
John 3:18 He that believeth on him (Jesus) is not condemned: (guilty, damned, judged) but he that believeth not is condemned (guilty, damned, judged) already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. When I walked out of that Church I was not Condemned but alive in Jesus Christ and I was of the persuasion of the Apostle Paul;
2Timothy 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. On that day I felt like Lazarus, you remember Lazarus don’t you?
John 11:11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep. Arriving at the tomb, Jesus cried with a loud voice, "Lazarus, come forth!" Lazarus came out of the grave fully alive, but was still wrapped up like a mummy. Jesus said to those standing by, "Loose him, and let him go. On that day some things happened to Lazarus that he would never forget. First thing that happened to him was that he heard the voice of Jesus;
John 11:43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
John 11:44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, loose him, and let him go.
Just days before this miracle took place Jesus had said,
John 5:25  Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. Lazarus heard His voice and came to life and so can you and I. The next thing that happened to Lazarus was when Jesus called Lazarus by name that awakened him; when He told Lazarus to come forth from the tomb that empowered him. The Lord never commands us do something that He does not empower us to do. What has He commanded you to do? Then He said “Loose him, and let him go!” Jesus spoke these words to those standing around Lazarus. There are key people, close friends and valued associates whom the Lord has put in our lives to help us get out of our grave clothes and into a new wardrobe. If we will cooperate with the process, our lives will truly be transformed. On that day I heard the preacher say come forth and I felt within myself I have nothing to lose and everything to gain for I knew I was a sinner without doubt. I stepped out and walked to the front and asked Jesus to forgive me of my sins; know what He did? He forgave me and I left that morning alive. Came in condemned and on my way to hell, walked out redeemed and on my way to heaven. Oh what a difference Christ has made in my life; no, oh what a difference Christ has made in my future; no, oh what a difference Christ has made in my eternity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment