Tuesday, November 27, 2012

No Looking Back


I see it all the time, the quarterback passes the ball to the wide receiver or a tight end the pass is completed and off they run toward the gold line for that touchdown.  I have noticed time and time again that those running with the football for the touchdown will look back to see if there is anyone close to them. It’s a small mistake and it doesn’t seem like a big deal but it is. When that runner takes his eyes off the gold he loses time; it doesn’t seem like much but it may be just enough to cause him to get tackled. I can still hear the coach saying “don’t look back keep your eyes on the gold you’ll be the first to know if there is someone is close enough to tackle you.” I can’t tell you how many times I said to the T.V. quit looking back and run. I think we have the same problem in our day to day living. Everything is going good and then we get to thinking about our failures from the past. Then we may ask ourselves this question “how can God forget my past when I can’t?” Here is the reason why, let’s look at some verses to help us understand.
Psa 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
Hebrews 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Look at what we just read in Psalms 103 and verse 12 did you notice the word “removed” it means to separate. Our sins have been separated from us; where did they go? 

Isaiah 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him (Jesus) the iniquity of us all. Without doubt we have all gone in the wrong way we have all wanted it our way but God removed our sins and laid them on Jesus and he paid the penalty for them. I know you are saying but why can’t I forget the wrongs I have done? The answer to that question is found in Hebrews “their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.”  Let me ask you a question, can God remember our sins and iniquities? Sure, He could but thank God He chooses not to remember them. That is the same thing you and I must do, choose not to remember them. Every time you and I start remembering our past we lose sight of the gold. We can’t remove the past but we don’t have to keep revisiting it.
What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus

Oh! Precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow
No other fount I know
Nothing but the blood of Jesus
Don’t live in the past live in the present and we too can say with the blind man;
John 9:25 He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.
Philippians 3:13  Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
Philippians 3:14   I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. He pressed toward no looking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment