Friday, November 30, 2012

Wrong Actions


Proverbs 26:23 Burning lips and a wicked heart are like a potsherd covered with silver dross.
Potsherd=A piece or fragment of a broken pot
Like a clay pot covered with silver, looks are deceiving. It looks as if it's valuable. Can't always tell by looks or even feelings one must watch for the actions produced. In this case we see not only by burning lips but also a wicked heart as the scraping begins for the intention was not to build up but to burn down. When I use my words are they to build up or is my intention to burn down? Goes to the intent of my heart, what is my hearts intent? I must remember and be careful for hurt people want to hurt people. When someone has disappointed me I must be careful when I speak with them that I don't allow my disappointment to strike back as to hurt them the way I was hurt. It can be done without knowing or even the intent to do so. Therefore we should pay close attention to how and what we’re saying. If my heart is holding on to a feeling of disappointment then I will burn down. I must make sure the disappointment is gone from my heart or disaster will happen. Not long ago I thought my hearts intent was to go by and build someone up. Yes, I was disappointed in them but thinking I would go by and give a word of encouragement. Jeremiah was right when he said this;
Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? Deceitful, is that what Jeremiah said our heart was? Deceitful means to mislead. So here I go, my intentions were to encourage but my heart was misleading me and before long I was allowing my disappointed heart to hurt back. The silver had fallen off and the scraping had begun. I never intended for that to happen but it did and three days later the Lord deals with my heart about it. I have one or two things to do at this point, ignore the Lord or obey. I chose to obey. I returned and apologize for my wrong actions and didn’t try to justify what I had done. You see I had done wrong and it wasn’t anyone else fault but mine. I know it’s always easier to blame someone else for your wrong actions but it was out of the abundance of my heart that those words came, not someone else. I didn’t want too, I didn’t like it at all but the Lord blessed in a way I never expected Him to. The one I went by to see said I didn’t owe him an apology he needed to hear what I said. I still told him that I was sorry for my actions that I was out of line. His last words were as he looked me in the eyes he said that he loved me and hugged my neck. The lesson I learned, never try to figure out what God is really doing when He sends you somewhere. How can we know the mind of God! We can’t and when we think we do we‘re miles off.

No comments:

Post a Comment