Thursday, June 1, 2023

Born Blind

1 June 2023 Thursday Born Blind

Small compromises lead to great disasters (otherwise known as little sins lead to big sins).

John 9:2 (KJV) And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?

As I read that verse this caught my attention “he was born blind” 

Down in verse 25 I read this.

John 9:25 (KJV) He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.

Between verses 2 and 25 something very noticeable happened; a man who was blind receives his sight. Now the word “BLIND” is only mentioned 18 times in the New Testament. I would have thought it would have mentioned more than that. But it gets more interesting out of the 18 times it’s mentioned, it’s only mentioned in the Gospel of John. Now, as interesting as that is it even gets more interesting, out of the 18 times the word  “BLIND” is mentioned 15 times is in this chapter, John 9.  Do you think if the Lord wrote 15 times in one Chapter about something that we should stop and take notice? Verse 1 tells us he was blind from his birth

John 9:1 (KJV) And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.  

Then in verse 25 he knew he was blind and he also knew he could see.

John 9:25 (KJV) He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.

Oh this is  wonderful to read, but I think the Lord had this chapter for more than you and I just to read about a blind man being healed? Why do I say that? Well my first clue is his name, do you remember what it was? It’s the same as his parents. If you were to read that chapter over and over again you would not find his or his parents name mentioned. Here is what I see when I read this chapter. It’s not our name that’s important, it’s not our status that’s important. I was born just like you, spiritually blind; not only that I grew up spiritually blind. I could read the Bible and it made no sense. Why did it make no sense? I was trying to understand a spiritual book without the help of the spirit to which I was blind to. 

Spiritually blind people get by just as this man had learned to do. But when his eyes were opened he knew it. “I was blind, now I see.”

1 John 5:12 (KJV) He that hath the Son hath life; (not blind) and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.(blind)

1 John 5:13 (KJV) These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, (not blind) and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.(not blind)

Can you see spiritually or are you still blind? When did you, like this man, have a personal encounter with Jesus Christ? 


No comments:

Post a Comment