Monday, June 12, 2023

Fear

 Tell me the truth; speak plainly. You or someone you know may have said that to a Doctor, Lawyer or the Mechanic. Sometimes we don’t understand the trade language and just want to be told in a way we can understand. 

John 16:29 (KJV) His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb.  Lord you have told us about You leaving, sending another comforter. Then You tell us in a little while you won't see Me, and in a little while you will see Me again'? The Lord is telling His disciples a lot. They finally say, speak to us plainly!

John 16:29 (KJV) His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb. Sometimes I have to ask the Lord the same thing; Lord I don’t understand what I’m reading in Your Word. Lord speak to me plainly in a way I’ll understand. Now the Lord doesn’t always show me the moment I pray and ask. Remember what I asked “speak to me plainly.” Now that might be later in the day or at another time. It’s great when it happens, I may have forgotten what I asked, but the Lord didn’t. He not only speaks plainly but reminds me of what I asked. These disciples asked, speak plainly. Ok you guys are going scattered, you will go your own way and leave me all alone. That’s exactly what they did. Peter didn’t think he would, he even said, “I’ll never leave you.” But they did. Sometimes we don’t believe plainly! Ever said these words “I would never do that!” Then you do what you said you would never do? These disciples ran in fear for their lives. Fear will cause you to do things you never thought possible, run faster than you ever thought you could, pick up things you could never pick up on a normal day. You can believe and think and use this saying FEAR is only False Evidence Appearing Real. But when fear becomes real you act and not in a calm way. Think about the last time you were afraid? Lord speak to us plainly! What if the Lord said ok and told you something awful was about to happen. Would you do like His disciples did? Go into a denial mode? Hope I never have to find out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment