Saturday, June 17, 2023

Truth or Treatment

John 18:37 (KJV) Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

Jesus said something here we need to stop and pay attention too. Jesus said “Every one” = every person. If we backup to John 14 we will find where TRUTH is identified.

John 14:6 (KJV) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

So when we read in John 18 “Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.” Then as we read further in chapter 18 we read Pilate asking 

John 18:38 (KJV) Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all.

Does Pilate know TRUTH? Well Pilate, TRUTH is looking at you face to face and you don’t know TRUTH because you can’t hear TRUTH. Now let me break it down some more. Jesus said He was the TRUTH so TRUTH = JESUS. So every person who knows Jesus can hear the voice of Jesus. When Pilate said “What is truth?” Was he saying who is Jesus? Pilate said are you a King? Pilate never saw nor did he understand who Jesus was because he didn’t know Jesus the TRUTH. We can tell by his talk. Pilate saw Jesus as a King, a good man but never as The Savior. So do many today therefore they are deaf to the TRUTH! Have you ever came face to face to the truth and like Pilate never see it. What about that small tract you never read? That man or woman that spoke to you about Jesus you brushed off? That Church service You sat in and thought about other things? That funeral service where you heard about Jesus and a place called heaven? Now you hear the awful words I’m sorry to inform you but you have cancer! Aren’t you glad you know the TRUTH! Or all you hear is Treatment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment