Saturday, June 10, 2023

Troubled Heart

Who hasn’t had a troubled heart? The operation is tomorrow! This is serious, it’s open heart! They are going to take a saw and open up the chest cavity. Take a vein out of one or both of your legs and put  them in your heart. There’s no choice, do this or die. Sure your heart is troubled but not just yours but all those that love you, their hearts are also trouble. We read here in  

John 14:1 (KJV) Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. Can I say that I do believe in God and the Lord Jesus Christ. But to be honest I do have a troubled heart at times. A while back my wife and I were in an awful bad car accident. We were taken to the ER. They took her one way and me another. I was hurt but not as bad as she. I asked how she was? But no one told me anything about her. My heart was troubled. I was able to finally get this young man to go check on her. He came back and told me she was stable. I asked him what does that mean? He said all I can tell you is that she's stable. I’m glad Jesus did more than tell His disciples that had a troubled heart. Maybe when I’m gone you’ll be ok. Oh no He went on to tell them that there’s a much better place than where you are at now. Yes I’m about to leave you guys but not really. I’m  going to leave you a Comforter that will be with you forever.

John 14:16 (KJV) And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Now this comforter isn’t for everyone. John 14:17 (KJV) Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Now in that hospital, the only news about my wife was that she’s stable, which wasn’t  good enough for me. I unhooked all the monitors from me and out the door and down the hall, to find out for myself what’s going on. That’s when I came upon my son walking up the hall. He in a kind voice said where are you going Daddy? I said to find out what’s going on with your mother! He said she’s fine. I just left her to come check on you. He brought comfort to my troubled heart. That’s just what the Lord did with His disciples. He will do the same for each of us His children. We should never forget what He has said.

John 14:27 (KJV) Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Hebrews 13:5 (KJV) Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment