Wednesday, June 14, 2023

I Have

    In John 17 Jesus is praying to His Father and He lets us the reader sit in on His prayer. The first words He speaks are. John 17:1 (KJV) These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: Here’s what caught my attention, seven times in His pray He uses this phrase “I have.” 

First John 17:4 (KJV) I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. Jesus tells His Father in Heaven that He had glorified Him on earth.  I should pray and do the same thing. Lord I Have, then say what it is. We may not pray like that in a public prayer but in a private prayer, yes. I think it will remind me what I have done for the Lord.

Second  John 17:6 (KJV) I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. In my prayer can I say “I have made Your Name  known.

Third John 17:8 (KJV) For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me. Praying this says Lord I have told others about Your Word. Another great reminder that I as God's child should be sharing what I know about God’s Word.

Fourth  John 17:12 (KJV) While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. Here I’m reminded that it’s not my performance that’s keeping me, it’s the Lord.

Fifth John 17:14 (KJV) I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

It’s the Lord who gives His Word and this world  hates it. But to the child of God it is help and encouragement for the homeland. 

Sixth John 17:25 (KJV) O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.

When I pray do I say Lord I know thee? That's how Jesus prayed,  He told His Father that He knew Him. I think that would be a great way to praise our Lord.

Seventh John 17:26 (KJV) And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them. Maybe I’m not making a big enough notice of The Name of Jesus. The world that hates the name of God and Jesus. They use His name wrongly a bunch during the day. The name of God is spoken by many in a profane way. Shouldn’t I the Child of God use it right with thanksgiving and praise? 

No comments:

Post a Comment