Monday, June 19, 2023

Follow the Crowd

Here in John Chapter 19  we read of Pilate just going along with the crowd. It’s easy to go along with the crowd. Pilate allowed Jesus to get whipped. John 19:1 (KJV) Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged him.

After that these soldiers platted a crown of thorns upon the head of Jesus and put on a robe of purple.  John 19:2 (KJV) And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and they put on him a purple robe,

Then these soldiers began to make fun of Jesus and started hitting Him with their hands.

John 19:3 (KJV) And said, Hail, King of the Jews! and they smote him with their hands. Pilate, who could have stopped all this, just sat by. He said 3 times that he didn’t find any fault in Jesus. Many people just sit by, they say nothing or maybe do like Pilate did. This isn’t right, we shouldn't be doing this. But I can’t count the times I did what I knew wasn’t right just because those I was hanging around with did it. Yes I kept my mouth shut. I may not have been able to stop what I knew was wrong like Pilate could have. But you know what? I could have left and not have been a part of it. Pilate watched all that was going on then he finally said  

John 19:6 (KJV) When the chief priests therefore and officers saw him, they cried out, saying, Crucify him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Take ye him, and crucify him: for I find no fault in him. Pilate said, do what you will but I want no part of it. Nice try Pilate but you were a part of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. This should be a lesson to all. If we follow the path of least resistance we will end up in a place we don’t like. Wonder whatever happened to Pilate?  I don’t know. Then I read this that someone wrote. “If Jesus really had been the Son of God, why didn’t God punish Pontius Pilate for crucifying him?” Here’s the answer to that  

Luke 23:34 (KJV) Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots. Another great example of Forgiveness. When you forgive you don’t punish later. Jesus came into this world to save everyone not to judge and punish.

Luke 19:10 (KJV) For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. Had Pilate repented of his sin he would have been saved and in heaven today. The same is for Judas but they decided to follow the crowd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment