Wednesday, June 21, 2023

NO SMOKING

 

John 19:7 (KJV) The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.

We have a law! Most people didn’t know if there was a law. Therefore they couldn’t have known if those that are supposed to know the law were telling the truth. A few days ago I got on an elevator and saw this in big letters

NO SMOKING

UNDER PENALTY OF LAW

 Now to be honest with you I didn't know there was such a law nor did I know what the penalty was for breaking that law. I don’t smoke so I knew I didn’t have to worry about the law nor the penalty of breaking such a law. But what if all of a sudden I decided to start smoking and lit one up on my elevator ride. Do you know what would be the penalty for breaking that law? Probably not! But because the sign said if you smoke on this elevator the law says there will be consequences. I could have asked any employee there what were the consequences of breaking that law and probably no one would know. So when these officials said “we have a law and by our law he (Jesus) ought to die.” By whose law? “Our law!” So now I wonder who made that law that I can’t smoke on my elevator ride?  

”The Jews said We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.” Jesus didn’t make himself the Son of God. No, He was the Son Of God!  Need to know the truth or in this case the law and its penalties. Did you know that if you smoke in the elevator there is a penalty for doing so? Do you know what that penalty is? Oh you don’t! 

No comments:

Post a Comment