Monday, June 17, 2024

The Sum ๐Ÿงฎ

Hebrews 8:1 (KJV) Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

”This is the sum!   The Highest  “We have” What do we have? “an high priest” where is this High Priest? “in the heavens”  when we talk about sums we speak about all. The sum of money in my pocket is $22 and 40 cents. That’s not all the money you have but it is all you have with you at the time. If you were to go to a financial advisor he would be more interested in the sum of all you had. Why? So he could help you plan for the future. In this chapter we read of the sum of what matters. All that matters is you and I understand what the real sum is. When the time comes that we should depart from this life. It will not matter how far you or I made it up the corporate ladder. How much property we owned, how big house we had nor will it matter how much money we had in our accounts. This chapter tells us the sum of what really matters. But it goes on and tells the reader that each and every person is to KNOW “teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: KNOW “absolutely” absolutely know this HIGH PRIEST remember who He is? 

Hebrews 3:1 (KJV) Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Hebrews 4:14 (KJV) Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

 Hebrews 6:20 (KJV) Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

So the SUM of the whole matter is Know Jesus Christ!

Ecclesiastes 12:13 (KJV) Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. So what really matters? What will others say about you when the time for your departure comes? Where will they say you have gone? Where will you have gone? “teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord” Were you ever taught? Did you know the Lord? Do you now know the Lord? Or is your answer “I hope so.” Wrong answer. Here is what the Bible has to say.

1 John 5:13 (KJV) These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Do you have the desire that Paul had? 

Philippians 3:10 (KJV) That I may know him,(Jesus Christ) and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; Paul had a real desire to know Jesus Christ. Once you realize what Jesus Christ has done for you, you will want to know Him too.  There is no, I hope so. I have been married to the Love of my life for a real long time. Over the years as I built a relationship with her there are things I know about her that no one else does. Why is that? Because I have spent a lot of my time with her. One of her favorite restaurants is Chili's. I know what she will order before she orders. How do I know that? I know her! After so many years I still have a desire to know her even more. So it is with my Lord, that’s why I spend time with Him every day. “That I may know him


No comments:

Post a Comment