Friday, June 14, 2024

The Wind Blew ๐Ÿ’จThe Sail Torn ⛵️ The Anchor Held ⚓️

Putting our trust in the one that cannot lie does give us a great surety. Some time ago I was fishing in Florida with my brother-in- law. The current kept pulling us away. My brother n law dropped an anchor into the water to hold us at the spot we were fishing. Webster says and ANCHOR is  “An iron instrument for holding a ship or other vessel at rest in water.” So an anchor is used for holding in one place to keep from moving.  

Hebrews 6:19 (KJV) Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; A anchor of the soul which is SURE and STEDFAST.  God has not and will not lie to us. When we put our trust in the Lord Jesus as our savior it’s a sure thing. Just because one goes to Church doesn’t make them heaven bound. I personally wanted to go to Church after I put my trust in the Lord as my savior. But going to Church is not what made me heaven bound. Oh no it was trust in Jesus Christ and what He did that made me Heaven Bound. I have been hurt at Church by good people but I didn’t leave Church because I was hurt or taken advantage of. Why not, you may ask? Because I’m sure unbeknowingly I have hurt others also unintentionally to which all I could do would be to apologize if I only knew. But Salvation is sure and it’s steadfast, unmovable because it has an ANCHOR. The wind will blow but the ANCHOR won’t.

The anchor holds 

Though the ship is battered 

The anchor holds 

Though the sails are torn

I have fallen on my knees 

As I faced the raging seas 

The anchor holds 

In spite of the storm

Why is that? Simple. God cannot lie! That’s number 1, Number 2  John 14:18 (KJV) I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Hebrews 13:5 (KJV) Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Do you have an anchor that’s holding? 


No comments:

Post a Comment