Friday, June 21, 2024

Your Choice ๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ‘ˆ๐Ÿป

Hebrews 8:12 (KJV) For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

As I read that verse there are some words that jump out at me. The first one is “merciful” Webster say this “Having or exercising mercy; compassionate; tender; disposed to pity offenders and to forgive their offenses Having exercised Mercy? MERCY is “treat an offender better than he deserves ” the next word is “unrighteousness” Webster says “a violation of the divine law then the word “SIN” Webster says “The voluntary departure of a moral agent from a known rule of rectitude or duty, prescribed by God; any voluntary transgression of the divine law, or violation of a divine command; a wicked act ”Here are three words that need be understood as we read this verse. As we dissect this verse and look at it. Here is what we read: For I God will have compassion and pity to forgive the offenses of the offenders. Those that voluntarily depart from a known rule. A divine law or violation of a divine command or a wicked act. Here’s the best part: “will I remember no more” Only God can do that. What’s so important about that? Can you do that? One morning I was sitting eating breakfast with some men when this man came and said hi to me and the other men, who didn’t have a clue who he was. He offered to give us a book of poetry that he had written. He said wait let me run to the car and get you each one. He left to go to his car and I said this to those at the table. He may write good poetry but don’t accept a check from him because it probably won’t be any good. He has written to me more than one that was bad. What did I do by saying that to those men?  No matter how well that book of poetry was written I had destroyed the author by my unkind words. Not only that I had not shown a good Christian attitude. Although what I said was true, my actions were completely wrong. In this verse God says “their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more” It’s not that God has forgotten our sins nor our iniquities. But God chooses not to remember or voice our sins to others. That’s not what I did at all. I chose to voice this man’s fault to me to others. Know what? God taught me a powerful lesson on that morning over 30 years ago about knowing something about another and keeping my mouth shut. Would I or you like for God to share with others our sins? I think not! Call it gossip, call it sharing or even call it asking another to help you pray for it. It all boils down to the same thing: choosing to remember or choose not too. The word Choosing is present tense and the word chose is past tense. Which do I prefer, remembering (Choosing) or not remembering? 


No comments:

Post a Comment