Friday, August 9, 2024

Fearful Time ⏰

 Hebrews 10:31 (KJV) It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

It caught my attention. I couldn't help but think of the word “fearful” What does that mean? Webster says “Affected by fear; feeling pain in expectation of evil; apprehensive with solicitude; afraid. I am fearful of the consequences of rash conduct. Hence. Timid; timorous; wanting courage.

Fearful as if your house was on fire and you were looking for your children only to realize they were still in the house and you couldn’t get to them. Or as the man who was at the lake enjoying a summer afternoon with his family. Then he hears the cry for help. It’s his daughter's voice she is drowning. He runs to save her knowing he can’t swim, jumping into the water and they both drown. I’m talking about real fear, fear that makes you do things that you won’t ordinarily do. My grandson has a special needs child. It is hard for anyone but his dad to get him to do what he is asked to do. Sometimes his dad has to work at night and my wife and I are left to try to get him in bed. The other night was one of those nights he wasn’t wanting to do anything to help us get him ready for bed. I said all the things that I knew to make him do what we were asking but nothing I said made any difference. Then I called his dad and after he heard his dad’s voice he did what he was asked to do. What made the difference? He knew his dad and the fearfulness of what would happen if he didn’t comply. It’s a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. One morning my dad asked me to do something before I went to school and then he left. I thought to myself, I’ll do it when I get home he will never know. Good plan! And it was until I saw the house and my dad’s car in the driveway. I began to be fearful of what was ahead of me. That’s kinda the way life is. God made a great plan for salvation and we put it off and then it’s too late when it’s time to face God; trust me it will be a very fearful time if we put it off and turn the corner and see the car sitting in the driveway. 😱


No comments:

Post a Comment