Wednesday, August 28, 2024

The Team That Doesn’t Lose πŸ₯‡

Each life is made up of mistakes and learning, waiting and growing, practicing patience and being persistent.   - Billy Graham

Hebrews 11:8 (KJV) By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

Only one verse about Noah’s faith in God. But that one verse entailed so much. Now we read about Abraham’s faith. We are first told “when he was called” what does that tell us? I am like you. I get calls on my phone that I don’t want because they are from people I don’t know. But if I look at my phone and the names Judy, Larry, Jake, Danny, Clair, Pastor then I’m going to answer or call them back. You know why? You are right, I know them. So when Abraham was called by God he answered or as it reads “obeyed;” Are you beginning to see the common denominator? Noah was warned, Abraham was called. Both were within hearing distance of God. Not only that, Noah moved with fear because of the warning of what he couldn’t see. Abraham “went out, not knowing whither he went.” Noah and Abraham both believed God and went out to do what God had called them to do. Noah believed in God and built a monstrous Ark. I'm sure many if not all the people who witnessed the construction of the Ark laughed and made fun; not all but I’m sure some did until it was too late. Abraham believed God so much that he went out looking for a city that had “foundations, whose builder and maker is God.”

Hebrews 11:10 (KJV) For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Don’t forget what FAITH is. Hebrews 11:1 (KJV) Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Both of these men went out not seeing yet believing God their Heavenly Father. What were their results? They both saw. Heaven is not a figure of our imagination, oh no it’s a real place we can only see by faith. One day, those who had Faith in what they couldn’t see will see this place called Heaven in all its beauty. Isaiah 64:4 (KJV) For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.

1 Corinthians 2:9 (KJV) But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. You know, Noah and Abraham were men just like you and I. I’m sure they got discouraged and even some days just wanted to throw in the towel so to speak. But when they woke up the next day they got up and kept doing what God called them to do until the day they saw it. I can’t count the times I have wanted to just quit writing, quit witnessing and just quit working for God but you know what? I don’t!         Quitters never win and winners never quit! For once in my life I’m on the winning team. How do I know? Because my Bible tells me so. But I have seen enough men and women alike close their eyes in death. One minute they are fighting to stay here and then a big smile comes across their face and they stop fighting and die. Wonder what they saw? 


No comments:

Post a Comment