Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Not Found πŸ™

As we just read about Abel’s Faith of sacrifice. Now we read of a man named Enoch and about his faith “He pleased God.”

Hebrews 11:5 (KJV) By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

There’s a lot happening in that verse Faith, Translated, No Death, Not Found, Pleased God. 

What a great faith Enoch had. In the book of Genesis we read this Genesis 5:22 (KJV) And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters: This would make me believe that there was a time when Enoch didn’t walk with God “And Enoch walked with God after” I have heard people say I have walked with God all my life. The Bible never supports a teaching like that. I didn’t; God was not a part of my thinking. But that all changed one day in April of 1973. So if I was writing about myself I would use the same type of verbiage. Maybe something like this. “I did what I wanted to do, said what I wanted to say. I had little regrets and no remorse until a day in April of 1973 . But AFTER that day I began to walk with God. Now this walking with God for Enoch was not a casual walk, oh no it was a serious walk. So serious was this walk with God we read this. Genesis 5:24 (KJV) And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him. Enoch walked with God and in his walk we read that he had children both sons and daughters. That means that Enoch had a family, a wife, with children and he still walked with God. But one day God decided to take him and Enoch was gone. Did anybody miss Enoch? Well let’s see. 

Hebrews 11:5 (KJV) By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found; this tells me he was missed. Why do I say that? By what I read “and was not found”in order not to be found means somebody had to be looking. Enoch had a Walking Faith that made a difference in others lives. My desire is that my Faith will make a difference in the lives of others in a positive way. How about you? 


No comments:

Post a Comment