Monday, June 1, 2009

Time

I read a story the other day that touched my heart. The story tells of an elderly man who had not long ago buried his wife and the love of his life. One day while feeling lonely and wanting to be by his wife and just be able to touch her once again. He made his way into the attic where he found picture albums filled with pictures of the past. He began to view the photos of his dear wife and reminisce of days gone by. A small book fell to the floor. As he opened it he quickly saw that it was a journal written by his son when he was young. As he read page after page he tried to remember the times that he son was writing about. Then he remembered that he too kept journals so he went to his office. He opened a glass door and found the year, he opened his journal up to June 4 and this is what he had written "Went fishing with Jimmy and wasted the whole day and caught nothing." Then he opened his sons to the same day he saw a much different perspective. This is what little Jimmy had written "Went fishing with my Dad. Best day of my life." What the Dad saw as a wasted day his son saw it as the best day of his life. Now that I am older and can look back I see things totally different. What I would give to be able to go back and live a few of those days over again. I can remember the night my dad and I had a heated discussion and I will never forget what he said to me that night. He said "I can still see you as a child running after me as I left for work crying and wanting me to stay. Everything in me was saying stay but my duty was I had to go to work." Now I know what he meant. What I wouldn't give for some time with my day now. Time, we all have the same amount it's what we do with it that counts. The wisest man who ever lived wrote about time and this is what he had to say.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

Ecclesiastes 3:2
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

Ecclesiastes
3:3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

Ecclesiastes
3:11
He hath made everything beautiful in his time:
He has a lot to say and I gave you a few verses to read. He starts off saying there is a time for every purpose and he ends up with everything is beautiful in his time. If you want you can turn to the book of Ecclesiastes and read Chapter three for yourselves. As I read I noticed that there was a time that Solomon didn't mention and it was a time to waste. So let's be careful about wasting time because we just have so much and none of it should be wasted. God bless you and watch your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment