Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Fool

Have you ever done anything that was foolish? I have! I remember when I was about 10 years old or so; my mother asked me to put a case of Cokes in the trunk of her car. Back in those days cokes were in glass bottles. As I carried them to the car I had both of my hands occupied so when I got to the back of the car I set the Cokes on top of the trunk. I then took the key out of my pocket and unlocked the trunk as I proceeded to open it I heard glass braking and coke running everywhere; you see I forgot to remove the Cokes off the top of the trunk before I opened it. As I stood there looking at the mess I had just created I asked myself what was I thinking? Then I started thinking about what I was going to tell my mother! I don't remember what kind of lie I told her; it's hard to remember things that aren't true, but many years later I still remember what a foolish thing I did on that day many years later. I have been trying to think if anyone has ever called me a fool and I can't remember anyone ever calling me one. I am sure someone will call me a fool now after reading this; misery loves comfort. Now that is bad when we do foolish things, it is even worse when others call us fools, but we have all done foolish things. But it would be awful to hear God call us a fool but the Bible tells us that God has called people a fool. Two times in the book of Psalms

Psalms 14:1

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Psalms 53:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.
Wow! Look where they said it "in their heart" what does that mean? That means they may not have spoken it out loud. That means those around them may not have known exactly what they believed. But wait! Ever heard the phrase "actions speak louder than words" I am sure you have. What else do those verses say? "They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, (they do disgusting things)
there is none that doeth good.

" In both verses we are told that; then we are also told that there is none that doeth good. Oh my! Because of their heart they are doing all kinds of wrong things. How important is our heart?

Proverbs 4:23
Keep thy heart with all diligence
(guard); for out of it are the issues of life.

We must guard our hearts for if we don't who will? Do you love the Lord your God with all your heart? Then tell Him. Do you love your wife with all your heart or your entire mind? Do you love your children with all your heart or your entire mind? Do you love your grandchildren with all your heart or your entire mind? Then tell them!

Matthew 12:34
O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
What is coming out of your mouth? Well that's what going on in your heart; don't let the guard get relaxed and for sure don't let the guard have a day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment