Friday, March 26, 2010

Happy! Are You?

As I look around from day to day I see faces that are angry, words coming from mouths that would make a sailor blush. I have to ask myself are these people really happy? Charles Schultz was the creator of the Peanuts cartoon. Lucy asked Charlie Brown in one of the cartoons, "Why do you think we were put on earth?"Charlie Brown answered, "To make others happy." "I don't think I'm making anyone happy," Lucy replied, "but nobody's making me very happy either." Then Lucy screamed out, "Somebody's not doing his job!" I think we all want to be happy we just want others to make us happy. What is wrong with waking up and deciding to be happy? Acts 26:2
I think myself happy.
Many
allow a root of bitterness to grow and steal away their happiness. Others spend time remembering and reminding themselves what they don't have; I don't have much money, will that bring happiness? No! People think they need to have a lot of things to make them happy. That's not true! Does your mate make you happy? You're Children, grandchildren; just look around you. A man had a heart attack and prostate cancer and when he talked about it all he could tell was about all the cards his fellow employers had sent to him. It's your choice what and how you talk; you can talk about minimum wage, the hardships you are having or you can think yourself happy! We just need to decide to be happy it is within our power to do so. It is easy to be unhappy and feel sorry for ourselves. But I refuse to do that; start looking for the good and think happy thoughts. See if you can't do that today; sure it will take work, for men love darkness rather than light but you can make it happen. John 3:19
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. See you Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment