Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Thumb

On Monday night after coming home from work I decided to get some wood split. We heat our home with wood a very nice heat; there is much work involved but great heat. As I was splitting and almost done somehow I got the tip of my thumb in the way and as the splitter hit the wood it also hit my thumb. It pinched it just below the nail. My wife took me the ER where a group of wonderful people were very kind to me and they sewed it back together. I am grateful for it could have been a lot worse and I praise God for it not being so. I have a BIG bandage covering my left thumb and it has hindered my typing abilities I will work on getting my daily blogs out but if I miss a day you will know why. I want to always look for the good when bad things happen. You might say what can be good about what happened to you? Well, I am right handed and it was my left hand that was hurt. I didn't lose my thumb it may look bad but it is still there. My wife has been taking real good care of me and if I look as if I am going to do something she says I'll do it. My daughter has been driving me around and doing the work. So in all the bad there is something to praise God for and to be thankful for. Just want those who read my blogs and e-mails to know what's going on and ask you to pray that God will bless me with a fast recovery. Have a great day today and watch out for those hands and fingers you have for you really do need them! I can testify to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment