Thursday, March 18, 2010

Leaning Side

There was an old deacon who always prayed, Lord, prop us up on our leaning' side. After hearing him pray that prayer many times, someone asked him why he prayed that prayer so fervently. He answered, 'Well sir, you see, it's like this...I got an old barn out back. It's been there a long time, it's withstood a lot of weather, it's gone through a lot of storms, and it's stood for many years. It's still standing. But one day I noticed it was leaning to one side a bit. So I went and got some pine poles and propped it up on its leaning side so it wouldn't fall. Then I got to thinking about that and how much I was like that old barn. I've been around a long time. I've withstood a lot of life's storms. I've withstood a lot of bad weather in life, I've withstood a lot of hard times, and I'm still standing too. But I find myself leaning to one side from time to time, so I like to ask the Lord to prop us up on our leaning side, because I figure a lot of us get to leaning, at times. Sometimes we get to leaning toward anger, leaning toward bitterness, leaning toward hatred, leaning toward cussing, leaning toward a lot of things that we shouldn't. So we need to pray, 'Lord, prop us up on our leaning side, so we will stand straight and tall again, to glorify the Lord.

That is a story with a lot of truth. You see if we are careful we will go to leaning and you can rest assure that it will also be on the weaker side. For we like to get angry at others. We tell ourselves we have that right, they should have watched what they said or they should have been more considerate toward……. Just remember we all have weak sides and we will forever be tempted in those areas of our lives. So we must learn how to become stronger in our weak areas. Don't allow Anger, Bitterness, Hatred or Unforgiving Spirit bring you to Cussing, Drugs and Drink. For they will only let you escape for a short while and will bring dependence on them into your life and will destroy you and your relationships.

John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

So what has the thief stolen, killed and destroy from your life? If there is a way out then why are you not following those who are trying to show it to you? Know Why? Because you are still listening to the thief and all he will do is to continue to destroy your life. If you keep doing the same things you have been doing then you can only expect the same results you have been getting. Today, tell yourself it is time to gain back the ground I have lost and become Victorious; you can you know! It will not be as easy as you would like for it too, but the battles won will be well worth your effort, for I speak from experience. I have fought the battles and I have won the Victories all because of the One who lives on the inside, JESUS! You can too my friend just quit believing the lies from the thief.

No comments:

Post a Comment