Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Investments

Ever done anything that was just dumb? I mean like standing in front of a vending machine making one of the hardest decisions of the day. Would I like a Coke, Sprite, Orange, or maybe water? Then it comes time to put your money in and push the button. Usually, you get what you just paid for, but not always. Sometimes, nothing comes. That's when you push the button again, and again, and again. O boy, it's not working and the machine refuses to give you your selection, but the coin return isn't working either. These are frustrating times but then you do something dumb you're desperate enough to try it again, thinking that maybe just maybe it will give you your heart's desire. So you again, put in your money and still, get nothing in return. You my friend have just experienced a bad investment. As I think about bad investments I wish that a vending machine was the only bad investment I have ever made, but it's not. One day I started investing in the lives of others and God has blessed greatly. But there was one who invested his life in mine and His name was Jesus Christ and I kept hearing the words of Paul to young Timothy

Philippians 4:9
Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you. The things you have learned, the things you have received, the things you have heard, the things you have seen, do! What will it matter 100 years from today the earthly treasures I have had; for they will crumble in the hands of others. Now pouring your life into another will pay big dividends not only now but in eternity also. What's the cost of a life that has been delivered from the destruction to come? All I can say is that I am glad someone invested in my life. Have you invested in another? Whether you know it or not you are; good or bad but you are investing so make it a good investment. Stop today, be honest with yourself and ask the question "Am I making good investments or bad investments in the lives God allows me to come in contact with?"

No comments:

Post a Comment