Monday, August 2, 2010

knowing

We have read as well as seen on T.V. buildings with walls cracking and crumbling, roofs buckling and falling to pieces. Floors crashing, sometimes trapping and killing people as we asked how have these disaster happened? These buildings looked sturdy why the sudden collapse? After investigation we find that the builder had not followed the proper building specifications and plans. Willing to gamble with the lives and the safety of human beings for the sake of making money, they had cut corners. It is always sad to hear of such a thing happening and we may be quick to say someone needs to pay. Before we agree so quickly to that let's ask ourselves is that not what some people are doing with the eternal life of so many? The Churches around our country are beautiful, nothing wrong with that but are people being taught about eternal life and how they may have it? There are two important things God wants us all to know #1- It's God's desire that you and I know about His salvation.

2Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

#2- God's desire is that His children grow spiritually.

1Peter 2:2
As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: We must ask ourselves this question, is what I put my trust in good enough after death? Paul put it this way:

2Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove (test) your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? (Castaway) It is too late after we leave this life. The wise man built his house upon a rock and that rock was Jesus Christ. Not only does God want us to know we are going to heaven He also wants us to grow in our salvation so we might know Him. Paul said in

Philippians 3:10
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Paul says I want to know Jesus Christ not just about Him but to know Him. I could tell you about my wife and if you had never met her then you would only know about her. I know her because I have had the desire to know her. Then Paul says I want to know about His power of His resurrection. Paul says I am seeing lives changed before me and the Lord Jesus is doing it; His power far exceeds my power raising men from the death of sin, into a life of love. That I might learn to have fellowship with Jesus Christ and how does one do that? You have fellowship with Him by reading, knowing, as well as applying His word to our lives. Two things God wants you and I to know; know his way, Salvation and know His word, the Scriptures and without doubt we will have fellowship with Him. Enjoy the week and have fellowship with the Master this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment