Friday, August 20, 2010

Mask

The word mask means:
a cover or partial cover for the face used for disguise. Wonder how many times we put on a mask or a disguise? How are you doing someone may ask and our reply "if things were any better I would be twins". More than likely you put on a disguise so you wouldn't have to tell how you really felt. It could be just a saying you say to others but the only one who really knows is you. Many times people try to create an air about them that they are something they are not. They wear clothes they can't afford so others may think they are doing well. They are only putting on a mask. Some go to places they can't afford so others will think they are financially well off. What's wrong with being who we are? Paul put it this way in

1Corinthaians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: Paul said "I'm just Paul and I am what I am by God's grace." Remember Abraham? He put on a mask.

Genesis 12:12
Therefore it shall come to pass, when the Egyptians shall see thee, that they shall say, this is his wife: and they will kill me, but they will save thee alive.

Genesis 12:13
Say, I pray thee, thou art my sister: that it may be well with me for thy sake; and my soul shall live because of thee. Sara these Egyptians will see how good looking you are and if they know I'm your husband they will kill me to have you. I am going to put on this mask and disguise myself as your brother. Abraham wanted to be someone he wasn't. Now I find it strange that in

Genesis 26:7 we read this: And the men of the place asked him of his wife; and he said, she is my sister: for he feared to say, she is my wife; lest, said he, the men of the place should kill me for Rebekah; because she was fair to look upon. Same thing but its two different people what is interesting is that Jacob is Abraham's grandson. We must be careful about putting on those mask that disguise ourselves for others are watching and if not watching then hearing about what we have done. Many disguise themselves on Sunday so others will think they are Christ like when on Monday through Saturday they look and act totally different. Have a great weekend see you Monday and please just be yourself for that is easy to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment