Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What If

I was talking with a young lady on yesterday and the last time I saw her she had red hair, but yesterday she was a blond. I asked her why she had changed the color of her hair and in the course of the conversation I found out that the natural color of her hair was brown but I have never seen her with brown hair. As I thought about that I wondered how many people think about what if. What if I would have married my high school sweetheart? What if I had went to college? What if I would have…….. Guess what you will never know if you are one of those who think that way. In my case I am glad I didn't marry the girl I was dating in high school. I am glad I went to college for if I hadn't only God knows where I would be now. I am glad I married the young lady I did because after 40 years and almost 9 months I still want to be with her and around her and spend time with her. I'm also glad of that one night in the back of a 40 foot tractor trailer; I listened to a man named Ken who told me about the Lord Jesus Christ. That night I promised him I would go to Church on Sunday. I made good that promise and that morning my life changed eternally and I have never looked back. I never question the what if's for they never happened. I do rejoice in what I do have now because of the decision I made that April morning back in 1973. As I get closer to the finish line I don't want to be like the runner who after leaving first as he steals second, but had that split second guess that caused him to get thrown out. Nor do I want to be like the runner who looked back to see how far he was ahead only to lose the race by the one that was breathing down his neck. The Apostle Paul put it this way

2Timothy 4:7
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Paul said he fought a good fight, he didn't say he won. He said he finished his course not anyone else just his and he said that he kept the faith. That phrase "the faith" is mentioned 42 times in the New Testament, look it up for yourself and let the Lord bless you in The Faith. That phrase starts off with Jesus Christ in Acts 3:16 and ends up with Jesus Christ in Revelation 14:12.


Acts 3:16
And his name
(Jesus) through faith in his name (Jesus) hath made this man (the lame man) strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him (Jesus) hath given him (the lame man) this perfect soundness in the presence of you all. Let me just stop and say Thank God for The Faith!


Revelation 14:12

Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. Have a great day in The Faith of Jesus Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment