Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Miltiple Choice

I am sure you have taken a test which they call multiple-choice tests; you read a question and the answer may be in the group below.

What causes night and day?
A. The earth spins on its axis.

B. The earth moves around the sun.

C. Clouds block out the sun's light.

D. The earth moves into and out of the sun's shadow.

E. The sun goes around the earth.
The "wanted" answer is "A." The other answer options are called "distracters." I know you have taken a test like that. How would you answer this question?

One second after you die what happens?
A. Is it nothing

B. Is it reincarnation

C. Is it heaven or hell

D. None of the above

E. All of the above
Many would answer C good choice but how do you back your answer up? If you are going to live forever wouldn’t you want to know? Wouldn’t you want to know how you know? Some would say because I’m a fairly nice person or I am a member of the Church down the street. All those are good answers but where do you get the evidence that tells you you’re right? There must be some way to measure. Let me explain it this way; let’s say you and I were setting out on your back deck and on that deck there was a nice wooden square table. I asked the question and said how long is that table? You said it’s about 4 foot and then I said no I think it’s about 41/2 foot. You jump up and go and get a tape measure and it says its 51 inches long now you and I are equally wrong; it wasn’t 48 inches and it wasn’t 54 inches the standard was right and we both were wrong. Well how about after death do we want to be equally wrong or do we want to be right? If you are going to be right what is going to be your standard?Tape measure will not work here so where is your evidence? Is it a church and if so which one? Is it being nice or being good and if so where do we get the information of how nice and how good to be and to whom? I don’t know about you but I and millions of others us it is the Bible and it plainly tells me that I can’t be good enough.
Romans 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
That means I can’t live a good enough life no matter how hard I try. Well how about being a member of a church? Let me ask you are you an active member? If you’re not don’t you think that if your eternity depends on your membership it would be good to be active? Well I have got good news for you that doesn’t matter because that’s not what it takes and the reason I know that is because we are told that. There is a man in John chapter 3 by the name of Nicodemus and we are told that he was as a ruler a member in good standing but he lacked something very important. He comes to Jesus and says to Him we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. Jesus answers him
John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Nicodemus being a member in good standing didn’t understand; he related it to going back into his mother’s womb which even he knew was impossible
John 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
Well there you have it we can’t be good enough and being a member of a church in good or bad standing will not work, it’s going to take Jesus the Son of God and here’s the evidence
1John 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
1John 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
So to have eternal life one must have the Son (Jesus) do you have the Son? It’s better than being good or being a member of a church! What will happen to you the second you stop breathing? Where’s your evidences?

No comments:

Post a Comment