Monday, May 2, 2011

Nothing Else Matters

April 15, 1912, that's the night the Titanic sank. I don’t know why but the Titanic has always been interesting to me. A person said to me that maybe the reason was that in another life I was on the Titanic the night it went down and that’s why it has always been interesting to me. Really! Does that also mean because I am interested in Billy the Kid and Jessie James that I once rode with them? Of course in another life! Because I like dogs does that mean that one time I was a dog myself?  I only have one life and I am living it right now. I was reading about the Titanic and found this information. The names of every passenger are listed on a big wall at the end of what’s called the Titanic Artifacts Exhibit. On that list it tells whether the person was first, second, or third class passenger or a crewman. But no matter what their class, every one of those 2,200 people appeared on one of two lists. Every person on the Titanic ended up listed one of two ways: saved or lost. Nothing else mattered. Did you know that God has a list too? On His list you will not find first, second, or third class citizens no just saved and lost; read these verses and see what you think.  
1John 5:11  And this is the record, (list) that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
1John 5:12  He that hath the Son hath life; (saved) and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. (lost) On which list will your name be found? You won't be on that list because you were a fairly good person, or you gave to the Church of your choice, helped someone no one else would help. It’s not by works that you and I have done; even if the work was much needed.
Titus 3:5  Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
It’s not what we do; it’s what He has already done. It’s a gift that we receive.
Romans 5:18  Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift cameupon all men unto justification of life.
Romans 6:23  For the wages of sin is deathbut the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
2Corinthians 9:15  Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Every gift that I have ever had in my procession was there because I received it. It didn’t become mine because my name was written on it or it was meant for me; it became mine when I received it. That is the same way the free gift of salvation became mine; I received it. Now I thank God for His unspeakable gift; His Son Jesus Christ who paid a debt He did not owe that I might receive a Gift I do not deserve.
Have a great week and make sure you are on the right list for nothing else matters.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment