Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What a Lie

Yesterday I was working in a place where I had grown up. As I thought about days gone by my mind went back to some good memories of those times. Then I had this thought what if I could somehow turn time back to those days; wouldn’t that be great? Then as I thought more about that turning the time back; that would also mean that I would experience not only the good times but also the bad and sad times. Would I really want to relive those days too? I don’t think I want to relive those days, but if I could go back I would have to live the good with the bad and the sad. Then I asked myself would I make the same mistakes? Sure I would for when I was making those mistakes I didn’t realize that they were mistakes. No one ever wakes up in the morning and tells themselves I think I’ll go and see if I can ruin my life somehow today. You and I are still making mistakes; I don’t mean too I just somehow make them. There is one right choice I made that changed my life for eternity and I wouldn’t change it for nothing in this world. I’ve told the story hundreds of times and it never gets old!  I can remember that day like it was yesterday. The Sun was shining that day as we entered a Church by the name of Eastland Heights Baptist Church in East Atlanta; my father-n-law was a deacon there. My main purpose that morning was twofold #1-keep my word and #2- get in a few brownie points with my father-n-law who didn’t much care for me at the time. (Notice I said at the time) It’s been 38 years now and to be truthful I really don’t care to go back for I’m too close to heaven and there are too many of my friends on the other side. What if the woman had never been talked into taking of that forbidden fruit
Genesis 3:4  And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: (Oh yea! What does this mean then?)
Genesis 2:16  And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
Genesis 2:17  But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.(Hello, God used the word “surely”= with assurance, without doubt!)
Genesis 3:5  For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. (What a lie!)
Genesis 3:6  And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.   
It seemed so real that day to do wrong; so let’s rush ahead into our day and time and ask ourselves is it ever right to do wrong? If so when and where and with who? I think you know the answer and the answer is always no. Could this be the day that will change you eternally?  I sure hope so! Because the days are getting shorter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment