Monday, October 31, 2011

Far Away


There was a man that had two sons that he loved very much. His younger son came to him one day and said, “Father, I have been doing some thinking. You are in great health and if things keep going the way they are I will not get to enjoy what’s coming to me like I would like to. So if you don’t mind I would like for you to give me my inheritance.” Now the father was understanding and divided his living up among   his two sons. In a few days the younger son got his things together and off he went to a place far away.  He began to enjoy his inheritance but he wasted it on living wildly. Before he knew it, it was all gone and he had nothing. He went out looking for work and all he could find was a job feeding pigs.  It wasn’t long before he found himself eating from the pig trough. He realized that he wasn’t cared for and felt unwanted.  He began to think about how his father treated his hired servants and how he fed them with plenty to eat. He felt unworthy to return as his son but he began to think if he were to return home and tell his father that he had sinned. That he was no more worthy to be called his son and asked him for a job being a hired servant surely he would hire him. As he topped the hill and could see his father’s house in the far distance he noticed that someone was running toward him as he looked closer he noticed that it was his father. When his father reached him he wrapped his loving arms around him and began to kiss him. That is when his son spoke up and said “Father, I have sinned and am no more worthy to be called your son.” His father continued as though he had not heard a word his son had said. He told his servants to bring forth the best robe and put it on his son. He told his servants to kill the fatted calf and let us eat and be merry for my son was dead and he is alive again; he was lost and is found and they began to be merry.  You can find that story in the Bible in Luke chapter 15 starting at verse 11 though verse 24. You may have thought that sounds a lot like me for whatever reason you have been gone away from the Lord. You think that He wouldn’t take you back as that young man felt. May I say that our heavenly Father will also wrap His loving arms around you and do the same for you? Why not come to Him today and see if what I have told you is not true.

No comments:

Post a Comment