Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I Know


In John chapter 9 and verses  24-  Then again called they the man that was blind, and said unto him, Give God the praise: we know that this man is a sinner.
25- He answered and said, whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see. Jesus has just healed the man who was blind from birth. The Pharisees and the Jewish leaders don't like it, because it happened on the Sabbath Day.
 John 9:16 Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This man is not of God, because he keepeth not the sabbath day.  They have totally missed the point that a blind man is suddenly able to see again. If you were to have stopped this man and asked him to describe the color red he would have no idea of what you were talking about. If you would have asked him if he enjoyed sun sets he would have told you that he had never seen one. If you asked him why he would have told you I’m blind; there was no doubt in his mind that he was blind. One day Jesus passed by and anointed his eyes and from that day forward that man was able to see. Then comes those who wanted to rain on his parade; you see there were those kinds of people back in Jesus day. This didn’t stop this man at all for this is what he had to say
John 9:25 He answered and said, whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.
He said I don’t understand about what you are talking about, but let me tell you what I know. I once was blind and I knew it and now I can see and I know it. That’s it; and because of that we can say with John;
1John 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.
So when others start in on us saying have you  been or have you done this or that we can stop them and say I don’t know about all that but this one thing I do know that once I was lost and without hope but now I know that I’ve been forgiven and on my way to heaven. Oh what a difference one day can make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment